Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sing to him...

Sing praises to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
psalm 105:2

I will praise you, O Lord, with all of my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders!
psalm 9:1



I was sitting here this evening...trying to study for finals, complete a paper and listen to a lecture online. However, the Lord was calling me to my knees (and I mean literally down on my knees). To worship Him, to praise Him, to sing songs to Him. And to share with you His wonderful acts and mighty wonders!!

Isn't this girl a beauty?
A true wonder and work from God's own hand?
When I look at her, I see a carefree smile.
When I talk to her I hear a hope in her voice.
Then I am reminded of her once frail and battered body.
I am reminded of her bald head.
Still...just as beautiful.
The same smile, the same voice, the same heart within.
Cancer.
Why does that word feel like a knife stabbing me in the chest?
Ever since I have known Katie she has been battling cancer.
While miles now separate us,
we are somehow always in tune with one another.
She sent me a text message this evening that read: "I got good test results. My tumors are shrinking."
I could not help but to stop everything I was doing to join in and rejoice with her this evening by giving praise to the One who deserves it!
Nevermind every treatment, every appointment, every poke, every prod.
Our wonderful and faithful God has shown himself this evening.
Now my friends, believe me, this is no small feat.
Our God deserves all the glory, all the honor and all the praise.
I love you Katie!

2 comments:

angela said...

wow! He is mighty indeed! praise Him!

Nikki said...

Hi there, just thought I would let you know that I am designing blog makeovers for a small fee with a portion going to Real Hope for Haiti and the rest going to funding my Dominican humanitarian trip! Please check out my site:
http://madebynikki.blogspot.com
Thanks :)
Nikki