Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back in Action..We'll see how long this lasts..

By request..I'm back to blogging. I read back through my old blogs and realized how much writing and sharing with others is a way for me to connect. It's been over a year since I blogged last, and I've thought about coming back many times. So here I am.

While I surely can't go back in time over the past year and a half and share the journey God has taken me on, I can start today and share the place He has brought me to.

I've have learned the importance of committing scripture to memory and would encourage all of you to try. I just finished Psalm 23, and I have never found so much comfort in times of uncertainty. Throughout Psalms the word "meditate" is used more than ten times. Meditating day and night (Ps. 1:2), meditating on His unfailing love (Ps. 48:9), meditating on his works and considering his deeds (Ps. 77:12), meditating on his decrees, his statutes, his wonders, his precepts, his promises (Ps. 119:23,27,78,148), and meditating on his works and considering what his hands have done (Ps. 143:5).
So find a scripture, memorize it, and meditate on it.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments: