Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Sister Emmy

This is my little sister Emily. Most people would tend to disagree that we are sisters because we do not have the same parents; however, we are sisters. Emily is my mini-me. We laugh together, cry together, pray together, and just love being together. We had a discussion on the way home from lunch yesterday and decided very rarely, if ever do we get tired of one another. We shared a room for 15 wonderful months and not a night went by that I did not pray her for before falling asleep. She has a love for Jesus and it radiates from her every where she goes...in her smile, in her hug, in her nonstop laughter. She has a heart for serving the Lord. She accompanied me to work many days to care for Dennis, and after a few times she could have cared for him herself if it weren't for the fact that he is twice her size. She has wisdom and knowledge that exceeds that of an average eight year-old. She prays for her family, friends and neighbors that have not been saved. She has a way of tickling me and can make me giggle like no one else can. She loves to snuggle, desires one on one time and likes to hold hands (all things I love!) Emily, I love you darling. You are the best little sis. I still pray for you every night (Chesapeake reminds me to).

4 comments:

megan haug said...

cute pictures! emily is sooo precious! and i know she looks up to you and sees you as a big sister!! good thing her big sister loves the Lord and sets a WONDERFUL example for her as a woman of God.

Angela said...

Welcome to blogland. That is a sweet first post. You two definitely are sisters!!! She really looks up to you. And as Megan said, you are a WONDERFUL example.

Shannon H. said...

Hellllooooo! Welcome to the best time suck...blogging!

Great post - two cuties. Wish I had a sister like you when I was a wee one. Heck, I'm happy to have you as a sister now!

jen said...

Thank you Ashly....I still pray for you too. ~ Emmy