Thursday, October 11, 2007

Oh, My Grandma!


A Tribute to my Grandma Kate:
She is 87 (or as she would tell you, 29).
Year after year, she continues to turn 29...I don't know how she does it?!
She is beautiful, young at heart, and a strong woman.
She was a wonderful wife.
She is a colon cancer survivor.
She is a fighter and a worrier.
She uses black electrical tape to fix everything.
She can speak some Croatian.
She never learned how to drive.
She saves her coins for her grandchildren.
She sleeps on the couch.
She loves lunch dates.
She reads more books than anyone I know.
This woman is funny, I'm tellin' ya. My mom was discussing with her
what she wore recently to a nice event. (sometimes her fashion
is..well..not up to date). My grandma responded to my mom by saying,
"Oh honey, I was dressed to kill."
I am so blessed to have a wonderful and funny grandma that has
been so active in my life.
Thanks Grandma for all you do!

3 comments:

angela said...

yeah for grandmas!! i lived with mine for some time and i adore her! praise God for all His blessings!

Angela said...

What a sassy little thing. That's awesome!!!

Shannon H. said...

The apple doesn't seem to have fallen far from the tree!

She sounds delicious!