Friday, January 18, 2008

Talkin' bout my girl...


This is my girl Stephania...



If I was old enough and financially capable to adopt, she would be mine.
Sadly, I do not meet any of the criteria. But I'm sure some of you do!!

My baby needs a forever family!
When I walk into a room I look for the child not many would seek out.
And in searching for that child at Three Angels, I found Stephania.
She is absolutely beautiful! She has a smile that lights up the room and a quiet giggle that warms my heart. The day I left Haiti, I held this precious little girl in my arms and cried...ok, so maybe I bawled uncontrollably. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and she began patting my back. I stood her up to look in her eyes, leaned in to give her a kiss (which in Stephania's case means getting licked) and prayed for the Lord to provide loving parents for her. I trust and know my God is faithful.

10 comments:

Carsen said...

Praying for her! Nou renmen ou Tephi!

Elisabeth said...

Stephania needs someone to call her "my girl".

Angela said...

You are amazing Ash. I know God heard those prayers!! Praying with you that her family finds her soon. I'm so glad she had you to love on her and show her the love of Christ. I personally wish you met the criteria because I know you would be a great mommy for her. But who knows...maybe God already has someone very special picked out for you and he is just preparing your heart for something Big in the future. Oh, I just love watching what God is doing in your life. Keep living for him girl and he will write the most beautiful story for you. Love ya!!!

Anne said...

Love this girl!

Anne said...

Love this girl!

angela said...

steph, se vre! nou renmen ou anpil!! i am so happy that you love her, ash, because we totally adore this girl. even when she's licking!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I just did a post about Haiti. You probably have a lot more personal stories.

DragonRider said...

cute. i am getting twin siblings from haiti.

Unknown said...

Where is Stephanie??? My husband and I are just starting our adoption process for Haiti. I have so many questions, do you have any posts that talk about the situation in Haiti???
cathy
chinamomwsj@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Well written article.